Are you finding it difficult to create accurate mechanical drawings utilizing conventional drafting techniques? Imprecise drawings may cost you both valuable time as well as money. Most organizations often realize the design flaws during the manufacturing stage. This may force them to revisit the design phase again.
You can use 3D CAD modeling to eliminate such problems and reduce design costs. It increases the overall accuracy of the design and eliminates the need for redundant designs. Here we are listing the topmost benefits of 3D CAD modeling in the mechanical engineering design for you:
- Better design quality: 3D CAD software comes with more than 700,000 standard templates of various mechanical components. By utilizing 3D CAD modeling for designing, the mechanical designers can use existing readymade templates. This ensures the design is accurate and also helps in saving time.
- Makes the documentation process easy: The traditional drafting methods involve documenting various aspects of mechanical components manually. The method is very tedious and requires high accuracy levels. The entire process of documenting component designs is made easy by 3D CAD modeling. It comes preloaded with different documentation options like documenting geometries and product dimensions, bill of materials, material specifications, etc.
- Enhances the designer’s productivity: The designer can visualize the mechanical component in 3D at the initial stage with the help of 3D CAD modeling. This enables the designer to make the required changes instantly thereby increasing his productivity.
- Automatically redraws the design: The designers find it difficult to redraw the hidden parts of the components using traditional drawing techniques. With the 3D CAD, the lines and dashes of the hidden parts are automatically redrawn from the other mechanical parts of the design. In case, there are any design changes the 3D CAD automatically redraws the lines and eliminates any chance of error.
- Compliant with International standards: When 3D CAD is used to design mechanical components, it ensures the designs conform to international standards. The 3D CAD supports a range of drafting platforms like ANSI, BSI, CSN, DIN, ISO, GB, and GOST drafting platforms. Compliance with the industry standards results in better outputs.
- Cost Optimization: 3D CAD comes with numerous standard designed components that save the design engineer from the trouble to design them from the scratch. This saves crucial time and optimizes the cost. As obtaining the licensed modeling software is often expensive, outsourcing 3D CAD modeling is preferred option to save the costs further.
- Reduction in design time: Faster development is promoted by getting a virtual CAD model in the design phase. It helps the engineers in completing the design and getting the mechanical component into manufacturing much faster.
- Saving data and drawings for the future: The designs created on CAD can be saved for future reference with ease. Few standard components may not have to be redesigned again thus saving a lot of time for future design creation.
- Better visualization: The 3D CAD modeling provides the best visual images of the components which have to be designed in 3D. The components can also be animated and their functionality can be observed. With the help of visual graphics, clients can understand the properties and features of the component better. This helps to demonstrate the mechanical component’s functionality to the client and making a proposal.
At SketchArt, we carry out a systematic study of your concept and existing product line to redesign systems and components successfully. Our Design Engineering Services empower you to innovate, design and develop products rapidly and help you gain a competitive advantage.